Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hair Removal.

My beaten up and abused legs can speak for themselves when they say that shaving was never a skill I was able to master. Due to the fact that I inherited my father’s dark thick Italian hair I was able to do in-depth research in this area. Or just try every form of hair removal available, because in today’s society, smooth legs are the norm. Heck, from head to toe, everything is expected to be smooth now-a-days. Both men and women use various forms of hair removal to treat their unwanted hair. Due to the high demand, the possibilities for hair removal are endless.

While learning to shave, the trails of blood between the bathrooms to my bedroom on the hardwood floor never made my mother too happy. The styles of razors have changed drastically since my mother started shaving in the 70’s with a standard blade. Forget shaving with a razor and soap, now razors are built into a bar of soap. No slip grip, extra blades and soothing pads – all made for your comfort and convenience. And that’s what shavings all about, convenience. I’m talking about being able to shave when, how and what parts of your body you want to. Lets not forget that you are in the privacy of your own home, which is also very appealing.
The competition between razor companies seems to be based on who can produce the most blades for a razor to have the “closest shave ever”. Bologna. If your hair grows quickly not even 23 blades could keep your skin silky smooth. Just as convenient as shaving is, it can also be inconvenient for some. The upkeep of shaving can be very tedious depending on how quickly your hair grows. I know for a fact I used to be the girl whose hair grew within hours of shaving it. Did I say hours? I meant minutes.

Wax. Good old wax. Warm, relaxing, soothing, until it is ripped right off your skin taking every hair follicle with it! HOLY COW does that hurt! Warning: it will hurt ten times more when being torn from your who-ha - trust me on that. The cost may be more than buying a pack of razors but the smooth feeling is guaranteed to last longer then your basic shave. A specific length of time I cannot give you, but it will most likely be weeks as opposed to minutes, while avoiding razor burn.

The ever popular and easy to apply Nair is used to unclog your hair from the follicles as Draino is used to unclog your backed up sinks. As unpleasant as this metaphor is, the two products do the same job. Nair requires no sharp objects or hot wax so burns and bleeding can fortunately be avoided. Nair does the job no doubt about it, but if you are considering using this product you should first take into consideration the chemicals you are putting on your skin. Can you even pronounce potassium thioglycolate? What the heck is that?

There are plenty of other ways to remove the hair for your body. There is the made for TV product, Smooth Away, Electrolysis and of course you could always rely on an ever handy pair of tweezers, for smaller areas of course.

Next week I will be giving you a closer look at laser hair removal. Which is the hair removal treatment that personally changed my life. Yes, believe it or not, stopping my hair growth did change my life. I adore my doctor, William Song at Omni Health Professionals, LCC in Oakland, NJ. He is worth the trip, whether you are traveling 30 minutes or across the seven seas give him a call at 201-368-3800 or visit him at www.Omnihealthpro.com. You have got nothing to loose except your unwanted hair that is.

I did a testimonial for him - take a look. Stay tuned for next week for when I give you a closer look at Laser Hair Removal.

http://www.omnihealthpro.com/Testimonials/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment